Commissioning a painting
If you are considering commissioning a painting based on one of your own photographs and would like to enquire further, the procedure is as follows:
1. Decide which of your photographs you would like to have painted.
2. Select the size of painting you want from the table below.
|Oil painting (10" x 8")||£450|
|Oil painting (14" x 10")||£640|
|Oil painting (16" x 12")||£870|
|Oil painting (20" x 16")||£1,450|
|Oil painting (24" x 18")||£1,950|
|Extra animals||From £250|
3. Email or post your photograph (several others are always helpful) to Anne. Please let her know if there are any elements of the photographs that you feel are not representative, e.g. eye colour, nose colour etc.
4. Anne will then email you to discuss your individual requirements. At this stage, if you decide you would like to go ahead with commissioning a painting, you will be asked to pay a deposit to secure a place on Anne's waiting list. Details below.
5. Once your painting is completed, a scan of it will be emailed to you so you can ensure are completely happy with it.
6. Full payment should be made and then your finished painting will be carefully packaged and delivered to you by courier.
All oil portraits, with the exception of the 10" x 8" paintings, are painted on high quality fine grain stretched linen canvases. These bespoke canvases are made to order by a professional company. The 10" x 8" paintings are painted on cradled artists board, the surface of which is completely smooth enabling fine detail to be executed in these small sized paintings.
If you would like your painting framed, please let us know. Frame prices start from £70.
Additionally you can commission a painting, for instance a wildlife painting, for which you don't have specific photographs for reference. Or, if you've fallen in love with a painting which has been sold and would like something similar, just email us for an individual quote.
Payment - a 25% non-refundable deposit is required when you place your order, with the balance being due on completion. Within the UK payment is accepted by bank transfer, cheque or Paypal - details will be given when you commission your painting. Customers from overseas should make payment through Paypal (a Paypal account is not required) - again details will be sent when a commission has been accepted.
A postage and packing charge also applies:
£15 within the UK (unframed paintings)
Paintings are shipped worldwide - please email for individual country rates (these will vary according to size).
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Please note: There is always a waiting list of several months. However, if you have a specific date when you would like your painting completed, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.